School Bus Information
- School Bus drivers have the same authority as teachers in the classroom.
- They may give instructions, assign seats, and initiate disciplinary action for students who misbehave or disobey.
- Bus routes are planned to keep individual riding distance and time to a practical minimum.
- The bus stop must conform to state and local laws.
- District Policy guidelines allow for a maximum walk to the bus stop of 1/2 mile for Elementary School students and 1 mile for Middle and High School students.
- Grand Blanc Schools will make every effort to keep the walking distance to the bus stop at a minimum. It is the responsibility of the parent or guardian to see that a child gets safely to and from the bus stop.
- Students are allowed only one bus stop in the am and pm. They must be picked up at the same stop 5 days a week and dropped off at the same stop 5 days a week. The am and pm stops do not have to be the same.
- All students should be at the bus stop 5 minutes before the stated stop time. Due to weather or traffic buses could come up to 5 minutes earlier than the stated time or 5 minutes later than stated stop time.
- Bus passes to ride a different bus are issued by contacting the Grand Blanc Transportation Department and are allowed for emergency purposes only.
Bus Pick-Up New Construction Subdivisions
GBCS Policy: Buses do not pick up students in subdivisions under construction, or until they are 95% completed. Students will be picked up and dropped off at the main entrance to the development.