1:1 Chromebook Program
Grand Blanc Community Schools will provide each student in grades K-12* a Chromebook for school and home use. Students will hold on to the device year-round and will only turn the device in if they are exiting from GBCS or the entire grade is receiving new devices.
Chromebook Program Key Points
- Students will be assigned a Chromebook device at the beginning of the school year
- The device will come in a protective case
- Devices will be kept for 3-4 years or until the student graduates. It is the intention to have students retain their original Chromebook each year while enrolled in Grand Blanc Community Schools**
- Families will be able to purchase optional insurance each year to help defray the cost in the event of accidental breakage
- Teachers have been trained by our technology consultants (Communications by Design out of Ada, MI) in how to use the device effectively within the curriculum as one of the many tools they teach with. Please understand that our teachers and students will learn and grow in the use of the Chromebooks in the classroom/virtual classroom as the year progresses
*Prior to the 20-21 school year, all 3rd-12th grade students were provided with Chromebooks. 20-21 is the inaugural year of GBCS' 1:1 program extending to grades K-2
**Students do not have a separate right to a device. It is the District’s intention to issue the same device barring abuse, breakage, theft, etc.
1:1 Device Handbook (updated handbook coming soon)
1:1 Device Handbook (19-20 school year)
Internet Options for Low Income Families
Free WiFi Hotspots in the Grand Blanc Community*