Grand Blanc Community Schools COVID-19 Data Dashboard
As a precaution, we will be disinfecting applicable areas of the school each time a confirmed or positive case is identified. This may include spraying classrooms, hallways, locker rooms, and common areas, as needed with a sanitizer, along with other methods of disinfection.
ACTIONS YOU CAN TAKE
We recommend taking action to help limit the spread of COVID-19, even if staff members or students are not experiencing symptoms:
- Get vaccinated if you are eligible. Anyone 12 and up is now eligible for COVD-19 vaccination and the GCHD is hosting clinics.
- Wear a mask (covering mouth and nose) when around people with whom you do not live, especially if you are unvaccinated.
- Practice social distancing (maintaining a distance of 6 feet apart is ideal.)
- Practice frequent handwashing (using soap for 20 seconds or hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.)
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or with the inside of your elbow and immediately wash your hands.
- Stay home if you are sick; you can also get tested. Testing is recommended if two or more symptoms of COVID-19 are present.
- Answer the phone if the health department contacts you, as a contact tracer may be trying to reach you with important information.
This information does not mean you should quarantine or isolate. Those members of the school community who were or are suspected to have been in Close Contact with a school-associated case will be notified by the Genesee County Health Department and/or Grand Blanc Community Schools.
Thank you for understanding that, due to medical privacy laws, we are not able to release the names of the individuals with COVID-19. We will continue to communicate changes and updates with you. With your participation, we believe we can maintain a safe environment while also providing quality education.
If you have any questions, contact the Genesee County Health Department at (810) 742-2255. For answers to your COVID-19 questions, please call the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services COVID-19 Hotline at 888-535-6136 or visit Michigan.gov/Coronavirus.
- Hospital Capacity and PPE information can be found here.
- Find a COVID-19 Test Site
- Find a vaccination appointment