School Bus Information
- School Bus drivers have the same authority as teachers in the classroom.
- They may give instructions, assign seats, and initiate disciplinary action for students who misbehave or disobey.
- Bus routes are planned to keep individual riding distance and time to a practical minimum.
- The bus stop must conform to state and local laws.
- District Policy guidelines allow for a maximum walk to the bus stop of 1/2 mile for Elementary School students and 1 mile for Middle and High School students.
- Grand Blanc Schools will make every effort to keep the walking distance to the bus stop at a minimum. It is the responsibility of the parent or guardian to see that a child gets safely to and from the bus stop.
- Students are allowed only one bus stop in the am and pm. They must be picked up at the same stop 5 days a week and dropped off at the same stop 5 days a week. The am and pm stops do not have to be the same.
- All students should be at the bus stop 5 minutes before the stated stop time. Due to weather or traffic buses could come up to 5 minutes earlier than the stated time or 5 minutes later than stated stop time.
- Bus passes to ride a different bus are issued by contacting the Grand Blanc Transportation Department and are allowed for emergency purposes only. We are currently NOT allowing bus passes due to COVID restrictions for the remainder of 2020/2021 school year.
Bus Pick-Up New Construction Subdivisions
GBCS Policy: Buses do not pick up students in subdivisions under construction, or until they are 95% completed. Students will be picked up and dropped off at the main entrance to the development.